Adult Soccer Near Me
Adult Soccer Near Me
Are you new to soccer, new to the area, or simply looking for a new league to put your team in? Either way, we’ve got you covered. We will break down everything you need to know about Adult Soccer - everything from pick up, to leagues, to tournaments, and anything in between.
Adult Soccer Leagues
The primary option available to play soccer as an Adult is through a local league. However, registering can be confusing and difficult. Finding the correct league to begin with is even more frustrating. Most players look for leagues based on price. This is natural - why pay more than you need to simply play a sport? However, we would strongly advise against this. There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting a league. The sticker price can be very deceiving.
- Referee fees: Some leagues hide the fact you need to pay extra cash at the field to cover the referees pay. At Gotham Soccer we never do this. We handle all referee payments in order to provide both the players and the referees the best experience possible with full transparency.
- # of matches: Some leagues like to disguise the # of games they will really offer by either not stating this at all or claiming you could get a lot of playoff matches. At Gotham we base our entire product out of creating a schedule that is 100% fair and 100% transparent.
- Quality of the experience: Some leagues may be cheaper, but make sure you choose a league that is properly staffed and has the resources to make sure games are happening on time and with rostered players is key to enjoying the experience.
- Quality of the field: This is massively important. If you don’t enjoy the field, it doesn't matter how matches are played, you will regret all of them.
At Gotham Soccer, we pride ourselves on providing a full time staff dedicated to running adult soccer leagues along with part time staff at the field. This is all we do and it’s our life's work. We also offer competitive pricing and have a full time member dedicated to placing free agents (individuals without a team) onto a team. We help thousands of players every year, who don’t know anyone to play with, find a team and enjoy some footy. If you need a place to start or want your team to try something new, there is no better place. We offer something for all skill levels. For teams / players that are new we offer dynamic staging formatted leagues that will place you into the right skill level. And for competitive teams we offer high level leagues and opportunities to play in regional and national tournaments across the country.
Adult Pick Up Soccer
A world wide option, pick up soccer. It’s amazing in its simplicity, but also incredibly hard to actually find. You can search facebook groups and scour the internet to find various groups. But it’s difficult to find with any consistency. If you have a hectic schedule and can’t commit to a league, this is a great option for when you have the time.
At Gotham, we provide what we call “I in Team” which is pick up soccer with a points system. Individuals rack up points throughout the year. It’s the same flexible commitment that pick up is - don’t need a team and don’t need to be there every week, just when you can. The point system gives you something to play for. It’s been a huge hit. Check it out!
Adult Soccer Tournaments
Soccer tournaments are a great option for teams looking to do something different, to travel together, or for teams that can’t commit to a full season. There are many tournaments that exist out there for adults. Most of them are in destination locations and are quite expensive, especially when cost of travel, lodging, etc is added in. If you are interested in playing in a tournament, be aware, it’s a costly option. However, it can be quite rewarding if you can convince your team to do so!
At Gotham, we use tournaments as a way of rewarding our champions. We host regional tournaments and will soon be hosting national tournaments.
You can find our tournament offerings here.
- Nov 20th 2020
- Check back here as we prepare for the new season with guidelines to keep everyone healthy.
Guide to play levels
- Just starting out
- Have played in casual leagues
- Played in high school, still in shape
- Very Competitive
- Played collegiate or higher